Day Of Darkness II - An EVE Fiction

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.

Uccisore

Divo
Dire Lauthris ha scritto:
Well, it's a tee nsy bit late and in a completely different form to when I first started it in 2007, but it's finally done!

Download: Day Of Darkness II - Click destro Salva
Youtube: Linky
Res: 720p
Format: WMV
Length: ~4 mins
Size: 176 Meg
Apps: After Effects CS3 / Logic Studio

A bit of background:
This film covers a bit from the Caldari-Gallente war, based on the Chronicle The Breakout. It's set 200 years ago, before any of the 4 races had pod technology. I tried to use ships that may have been around back then, though sadly there's not a huge amount of information that I could find.

A bit more background:
Initially I tried making this in 3DS Max with hilariously bad results. (I might post up some of the initial shots for a laugh one day). I was about to go back to the old Sisi + alts method when I thought I'd ask CCP if they could help out with the locations of some complexes to use on Sisi. Instead they invited me over to their offices and let me have a tinker with the software they use for making their own vids.

I was able to bring a cut-down version of this away and set about making the film - so without CCP this probably wouldn't have turned out anything like it has. A big thank you to CCP for being an awesomely open company to their players.

Also a huge thank you to Stevie for doing the voice, the film was pretty much just an explosion slideshow till she stepped in.

Some feedback from the thread
Hell, I never know what to say after loads of nice comments - but thanks for the feedback and ideas! It definitely makes the weeks/months of bashing my head against the keyboard worth it.

* 'Grinded' - wow, I didn't spot that at all. It came directly from the Chronicle and I gave Stevie the text to record so it's my bad.

* 'City / Nouvelle Rouvenour shot' - These are 3D comps created in After Effects. They don't inherently use the CCP software, though it would've been a real ***** to create without it. Caldari Prime is essentially a pile of Caldari stations flipped around to build a city-like skyline. I took a bunch of hires screen grabs of this (with a green background for easy keying) and chucked them into AE in a 3D comp. The rest is Particular and a bunch of stock explosion and smoke footage composited in.

There's a bucket of nitpicks I have with the vid as well, over ships used and all sorts of other bits and pieces. I had to take some creative license to get an actual battle across.. as really we only have the Chronicle and the models in the game to go by.

At the end of the day if I'd kept fiddling it would've gone on for another year and I'd have probably killed myself.
Un must , da vedere assolutamente!

Original Thread: EVE Online - Day Of Darkness II

lorenzo87

Lurker
Bello, ma mi aspettavo una mega-esplosione alla fine :D

oh, e se non vi dispiacciono i video 'pure eyecandy'...link

Ultima modifica:

lorenzo87

Lurker
MA SI PUO'????

Ora so ancora prima di vederlo che non c'è nessuna megaesplosione uff...

SPOILERALO!

Dovresti ringraziarmi, così non ci rimani male :D

Cmqsorry, sono un uomo preistorico con i forum e non ci avevo nemmeno pensato a quell'opzione (anche perchè essendo un thread sul video, è normale commentare lo stesso)

Stato
Chiusa ad ulteriori risposte.
Alto